The Tucson International Airport Lost and Found office is located in the Main Terminal on the baggage claim level, west of the center escalators.
- Items found in the airport terminal, parking garage or airport parking lots are stored securely for 30 days before disposition.
For information, contact (520) 573-8156.
- For items lost at a TSA checkpoint, contact (520) 799-9313 or 1-866-289-9673.
- For items lost or left on an airplane, please contact your airline.
How Are Found Items Claimed and Returned?
The Lost and Found staff will secure all found items and make every effort to research and locate potential owners. You may arrange for the return of items by:
- On-site pickup: If you properly identify items, you can pick them up during normal business hours, Mondays through Fridays, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. A photo ID at time of pick up is required. Arrangements for pickup after hours can be pre-arranged by calling (520) 573-8156 when the office is open. Representatives of the owners may pick up items with proper identification and verified permission of the owner.
- U.S. Mail: The Lost and Found Office can return small items via U.S. Postal Service. Please send a self-stamped mailing container to the Lost and Found Office.
What To Do If Your Item Was Left On A Plane
Each airline is responsible for items found on its planes. Please contact the airline directly to determine its lost and found policies and procedures.
Airline Lost & Found Contacts
Tucson: (520) 207-0373
Tucson: (520) 741-8585
Tucson: (520) 837-0010
Tucson: (520) 741-6212
Tucson: (520) 294-6006
Tucson: (520) 573-8271