Updated August 2, 2022
Wearing a Face Mask Is Optional
The federal mandate requiring face coverings be worn in airport terminals and on aircraft was suspended effective April 18, 2022. Passengers can choose whether to wear a face covering or not.
TUS Lands STAR Cleaning Accreditation
The Global Biorisk Advisory Council has awarded STAR™ accreditation to Tucson International Airport in recognition of its thorough approach to cleaning, disinfection, and infection prevention. The TAA sought the accreditation to demonstrate its commitment and dedication to protecting airport patrons and employees. TUS was among the first five airports in the world – and the first in the Western United States – to receive the accreditation. To see current status of other airports that have been accredited or are seeking accreditation, click here. Other venues, including sports stadiums, convention centers, hotels and commercial establishments are also being accredited.
TUS Operational Changes
Changes in the terminal as a result of COVID-19 emphasize limiting person-to-person contact and maintaining safe social distancing.
- Passengers can now order food, pay for it and use contactless pick-up in the TUS terminal. The link to order is here.
- Food concessions operational hours are here.
- Retail shops operational hours are here.
- Curbside check-in and bag check for American Airlines is now provided by a third-party vendor (Bags, Inc.), which charges a $3 per bag convenience fee in addition to airline bag fees. Bag check for all other airlines at TUS is at the airline counter inside the terminal. (Wheelchair assistance remains available for all airlines. For efficiency, please request the wheelchair as part of your reservation.) If wheelchair assistance is not readily available when you arrive at the airport please notify an airport employee or Tucson Airport Authority traffic officer.
- Passenger assistance provided by TUS Warm Welcome Volunteers has resumed, though not all shifts are covered.
- The Tucson Airport Authority Administration Offices are closed to visitors. Employees can be reached by email or phone during business hours, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Mondays-Fridays, except for holidays.
- Rentals of meeting rooms in the terminal can be made by calling (520) 573-8100.