Under general supervision and administrative direction, is responsible for administering and delivering successful talent acquisition throughout the organization. Exercises discretion and independent judgment for recruitment efforts and staffing processes, to ensure TAA is hiring the best possible talent. This role also develops and administers the on-boarding of new hires, assists with classification, compensation, organizational development and succession planning processes, and participates in employee relations activities including development of programming to ensure a positive on-going experience for TAA team members.
The following functions and all other functions not included in this job description are to be performed in the best interests and for the greater good of TAA.
- Supports and advocates for TAA’s mission, vision and corporate philosophy, is a champion for TAA’s team and promotes a positive team culture.
- Strategically plans, coordinates, and performs all aspects of the TAA talent acquisition process including, but not limited to:
- develops and executes recruiting plans;
- effectively markets the position;
- screens applications and refers the best qualified candidates to the hiring manager;
- coordinates and conducts interviews, as requested, with the management team;
- prepares, conducts and scores applicant testing;
- maintains the applicant tracking system and recruitment files;
- extends offers of employment to selected candidates.
- oversees all pre-employment, post offer activities including background checks, reference checks, physicals, drug screens, and psychological evaluations.
- sends notifications to non-selected candidates.
- Responsible for the onboarding process of new hires. Ensures department specific orientation is completed and new hires attend and complete all orientation requirements.
- Monitors team member integration into the TAA culture.
- Plans and conducts staff training in areas of expertise.
- Assists with the maintenance of the on-line learning management system.
- Coordinates with temporary staffing agencies and schedules selected contract workers as needed by various department heads.
- Prepares termination paperwork and conducts exit interviews.
- Tracks, prepares and analyzes reports on various topics including turnover, exit interview data, recruitment and job market data.
- Assists with compensation and classification studies.
- Participates in TAA’s succession planning process.
- Assists with People Operations’ policy and procedures, including updating the Team Member Resource.
- Stays current with knowledge in other positions within the People Operations Department and is cross trained to assist with work duties as needed.
- Collects and analyzes data as requested. Provides necessary reports.
- Tracks trends and developments in assigned functional areas.
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements and assists in maintaining the record retention schedule of personnel files.
- Be responsive to airport emergencies and situations that may involve loss of human life or property; support public safety and operational response to emergencies; utilize Incident Management System (ICS)/National Incident Management System (NIMS) protocols and procedures; coordinate and/or participate in after-action emergency de-briefing with appropriate departments and stakeholders.
The above listed functions are not necessarily all the essential functions. Job duties and functions may be expanded or reduced by management based on future changing needs and job requirements.
A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or a related field; four years of professional, exempt-level HR generalist experience or five years in a non-exempt HR role with broad knowledge in a combination of talent acquisition, onboarding of new hires, classification/compensation and/or employee relations. Any equivalent combination of education and years of experience sufficient to demonstrate the ability to satisfactorily meet the job requirements will be considered. Certification in Human Resources Management such as SHRM, HRCI, IPMA, or similar organization is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Federal, state and local laws and regulations applicable to the administration of human resource programs.
- Theory, principles, practices and techniques of personnel administration, including recruitment, testing and selection and equal employment opportunity.
- Basic employee relations principles and practices.
- Principles and practices of sound business communications; research methods and data analysis techniques.
- Trends in human resources program development.
- Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Working with a variety of PC Operating Systems, HRIS/HRMS, Microsoft Office software, and other software programs.
- Organization, oral and written communication, proofreading, and critical thinking.
- Performing tasks with a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, using mature judgment, to function in stressful work surroundings, with deadlines and multiple projects.
- Initiating and organizing responsibilities, without close supervision, and taking independent action relative to work problems requiring immediate solutions, including notification to your supervisor if you are unable to resolve work problems.
- Researching information and organizing data in meaningful form, making sound judgments, drawing accurate conclusions, and making appropriate recommendation(s).
- Self-motivation and taking initiative to complete quality work thoroughly and on time that furthers the mission and goals of the department and TAA.
- Work primarily in a typical, temperature controlled administrative office setting in a semi-enclosed work space.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and strategic thinking.
- Analyze complex problems and situations, evaluate alternatives and make sound, appropriate decisions.
- Collaborate with and assist the People Operations Team with on-going projects, procedures and other departmental initiatives; also may act as Project Manager for various People Operations projects.
- Understand, interpret, explain and apply TAA policies, standards and procedures, applicable local, state and federal legislation in a variety of circumstances and cases objectively and dispassionately.
- Exercise discretion and judgment in resolving problems including tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential personnel issues and team member situations.
- Communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing; understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Lift/move/carry items weighing a maximum of 20 lbs., with or without assistance, and/or using equipment.
- Continually learn and apply the latest up-to-date technical knowledge and skills in functional area of responsibility.
- Represent the department and the TAA effectively in meetings with managers, supervisors, team members, and others on a variety of issues.
- Work independently or as part of a team under strict deadlines and short turnaround timeframes.
- Maintain general, specialized and/or confidential files.
- Establish and maintain effective and positive working relationships with department personnel, other TAA personnel, and outside agencies.
- Understand that dissemination of information outside of job requirements is based on “need-to-know” and maintain discreet and professional sense of confidentiality due to sensitive nature of job functions.
- Perform cross training within work environment.
- Engage in self-improvement activities, and professional development opportunities.
Licenses; Certificates; Special Requirements:
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license.
- Must obtain and maintain access to the Security Identification Display Area (SIDA)
- Must successfully complete the National Incident Management System Requirements and Certification (ICS 100, 200, 700, 800) within the first year of employment.
- As a team member, you are deemed to be essential personnel as part of TAA’s emergency response, and must respond to airport incidents, as requested/required.