Under minimal supervision, manages and coordinates budget and forecast policy, assumptions, development, preparation, monitoring and analysis. Coordinates and monitors investment policy and management activities. Oversees banking activities, relationships and accounts. Serves as backup for payroll maintenance, preparation, compliance and reporting, and customer/tenant billing rule maintenance and invoicing.
The following functions and all other functions not included in this job description are to be performed in the best interests and for the greater good of TAA.
- Coordinates and assists with preparation of the operating and Capital Improvement Program budgets for all TAA departments.
- Coordinates and prepares revenue and personnel budgets for TAA.
- Prepares budget schedule and revision of the budget manual, forms, and presentation format.
- Trains, consults, and advises TAA departments regarding policies and procedures for budget preparation and monthly monitoring.
- Responds to TAA management and departmental inquiries regarding financial performance and information system data, including preparation of Ad-Hoc analysis and reports.
- Forecasts and prepares landing fee calculation.
- Consolidates department operating and capital improvement budgets and prepares TAA budget documents and presentations.
- Assist in the development of methods and procedures for budget and fiscal planning, analysis and control.
- Consolidates revenue and expenditure projections for departments, analyzes and evaluates trends, identifies problems and recommends solutions.
- Assists with development and maintenance of Airport Requirement System statement and compliance with Airline Use Agreement(s).
- Prepares Introduction Letter to internal TAA Monthly Financial Statements and Activity report.
- Assists with developing, maintaining, and reporting on cash flow projections. Maintains cash balances to meet operating, capital and financing requirements of TAA.
- Assist in developing and maintaining short-term and multi-year forecasting models and related assumptions and data.
- Coordinates forecasting model(s) with TAA departments to reflect expectations for departmental, operating and industry activity and economic conditions. Coordinates TAA financial related research studies and development of reports with findings and recommendations, as requested.
- Oversees recording, analysis and reporting of statistical data, including preparation of TAA Monthly Aviation Activity Report.
- Assists in the development, review and monitoring of TAA’s investment policy and related procedures.
- Monitors performance of current investments and prepares reports on investment valuation, activity and performance.
- Manages all banking and merchant service relationships and accounts.
- Manages investment consulting services, including compliance with TAA’s Investment Policy, and investment statement preparation and submittal.
- Serves as backup for all payroll related functions, including: preparation of biweekly payrolls, employee data maintenance, payroll configurations and setups, payment and deposit of payroll taxes, withholdings and other related liabilities, and regulatory reporting.
- Reviews and assesses customer/tenant invoicing, including entry and maintenance of Airport Business Manager activities, billing rules and generation of customer/tenant invoices.
- Develop, monitor, and report key performance indicators pertaining to TAA’s strategic goals and vision.
- Serve as Finance Chief of TAA’s Emergency Operations Center as needed.
The above listed functions are not necessarily all the essential functions. Job duties and functions may be expanded or reduced by management based on future changing needs and job requirements.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting, finance, or a closely related field and three years of professional level accounting, financial analysis, budgeting, financial auditing, or fiscal administration experience within an ERP environment. CPA or Masters degree strongly preferred. Advanced MS Excel skills are required, with MS Access experience preferred. A combination of education and additional years of comparable experience sufficient to demonstrate the ability to meet the demands of the position may be substituted for the above position requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Mathematics, research design and methodology, and statistical analysis as they apply to budgetary control and financial management and research projects.
- Management analysis as it applies to organizational financial systems.
- Budget reporting systems and controls.
- Principles and practices of management as they apply to organizational structures and reporting relationships.
- General governmental financial and budgetary principles and practices.
- The impact of relevant laws, statutes, and ordinances as they apply to financial and budget processes.
- Perform data collection and research practices, methods and techniques.
- Perform applicable statistical and mathematical analysis.
- Identify and resolve budgetary problems and develop concise recommendations for revision and improvement.
- Prepare analytical reports and studies.
- Plan, organize and review the work of others.
- Make strong organizational, oral, written communication and proofreading, and critical thinking decisions.
- Self-motivate and take initiative to complete quality work that furthers the mission and goals of the department and TAA.
- Perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, with deadlines and multiple projects; to initiate and organize responsibilities without observant supervision, and to take independent action relative to work problems requiring immediate solutions, including notification to your supervisor if you are unable to resolve work problems.
- Use research methods and report presentation techniques.
- Use database and spreadsheet software to create statistical and forecasting reports.
- Analyze, interpret and report research findings and make appropriate recommendations.
- Analyze management and organizational systems for operational efficiencies.
- Research, analyze, interpret and audit financial and budgetary data.
- Read, write, and speak the English language in an articulate, fluent manner.
- Communicate via telephone with sufficient clarity to be understood by others.
- Establish and maintain effective and positive working relationships with department personnel, other TAA personnel, outside agencies and airport users as required.
- Maintain discreet and professional sense of confidentiality due to sensitive nature of job functions.
- Be sensitive and aware of actions and reactions of employees, tenants, Board and Authority members, consultants, the public and outside agencies, and inform supervisor of appropriate concerns as necessary.
- Perform cross-training within work environment.
- Engage in self-improvement activities, and training as required.
- Continually learn and apply the latest up-to-date technical knowledge and skills in functional area of responsibility.
Licenses; Certificates; Special Requirements:
- Valid Arizona driver’s license.
- As an employee, you are deemed to be essential personnel as part of TAA’s emergency response, and must respond to airport incidents, as requested/required.
- Must successfully complete the National Incident Management System (NIMS) 100, 200, 700, 800 course requirements and certification within the first year.
- Will serve at the pleasure of the President/CEO and is not covered under the appeals process.
- Must obtain and maintain access to the Security Identification Display Area (SIDA).